- What is Personal Information
- How We May Collect Personal Information
- How We May Use Personal Information
- Additional Uses and Disclosures We Make of Membership Information
- European Economic Area Privacy Notices
- Aggregated Information
- When We May Disclose Information for Legal Reasons
- Privacy Choices
- Use of Social Media and Other Interactive Forms
- Privacy Practices of Third-Party Sites; Advertisers, Vendors and Others
- Retention Period
- Cross-Border Transfer
- Sensitive Information
- Contact Information
What is Personal Information?
The phrases “personally identifiable information” or “personal information” in this policy refers to information or a combination of information that you provide to us through the Internet or by other means that can be used to uniquely identify you. Examples of personal information include your name, postal address (including billing and shipping addresses), telephone number, email address, credit or debit card number or other payment information.
How We May Collect Personal Information?
We and our service providers may collect Personal Information in a variety of ways, including:
- You Provide it through the Site and Services: We collect personal information when you provide it through the Site or Services, e.g., when you register or apply for membership or for a course or program, when you post information on any of our message boards or other interactive services or when you interact with us on social media. We also collect information that you provide by filling in forms on our website, including requesting services or information about our products or requests that we contact you, and may retain records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us, as well as details of transactions that you carry out with us and of the fulfillment of such transactions (including financial information).
- We Obtain it via cookies and other technology as you use the Site and Services: We may collect various information about you using computer technology as you access and use the Site and Services, including browser and device information, and information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies. You may set your browser to not accept cookies, or to warn you when a cookie is being placed on your computer. If you choose not to accept cookies, however, your ability to navigate the site may be hindered.
- Offline: We may collect personal information from you offline, such as when you place an order over the phone or contact customer or membership service.
- From Other Sources: We may receive your personal information from other sources, such as public databases; joint marketing partners; social media platforms; from people with whom you are friends or otherwise connected on social media platforms, as well as from other third parties.
How We May Use Personal Information?
Whether or not you are a registered member or user of our Site and Services, we and our service providers (including Teachers that make educational content and programs available) may use personal information that we have obtained about you as follows:
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you newsletters, updates, course materials, catalogs and e-mails.
- To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the Services and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To complete and fulfill your purchase, for example, to process your payments, have your order delivered to you, communicate with you regarding your purchase or membership and provide you with related customer service.
- To send you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you (including marketing information from our third party partners and service providers).
- To personalize your experience on the Services by presenting products and offers tailored to you.
- To allow you to participate in promotions and to administer these activities.
- To facilitate social sharing functionality and interaction among Members and with Teachers.
- To allow you to send messages to a friend or colleague through the Services. By using this functionality, you are telling us that you are entitled to use and provide us with your friend’s or colleague’s name and email address.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products, enhancing, improving or modifying our Services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities.
- If we sell our company or our assets and business to a third party, we may transfer all our data, including all of your personal information to such third party buyer.
Additional Uses and Disclosures We Make of Membership Information
By registering to become a Member of Social Tuto (or any other category of user that requires registration), in addition to all other uses of personal information described in this policy, you acknowledge that Social Tuto will share your personal information with third parties including our agents, partners, Members and Teachers. You also acknowledge that Social Tuto may contact you with information we feel may be of interest to you. Additionally, if you are a Member, we may share your contact information with the other Members to encourage networking. By becoming a Member (or any other category of user that requires registration), you expressly consent to this information distribution and may not opt-out of this sharing. If you do not wish for Social Tuto to share your information, please do not register to be a Social Tuto member (or any other category of user that requires registration). Notwithstanding the foregoing, we will not share any payment information (e.g. your credit card number or banking information) with anyone other than third party service providers that we use to process payments and who are subject to restrictions to use your payment information solely for the purposes of processing such payments and any related legal or fraud monitoring or compliance.
European Economic Area Privacy Notices
Privacy Rights.If you are located in the European Economic Area, you may have the following rights:
- A right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority where we process your information in a way that does not comply with the laws and regulations.
- A right of access to information undergoing processing. We may charge a reasonable administrative fee if further copies of your information are requested.
- A right to rectify inaccuracies in information we collect and hold about you.
- A right to require your information to be provided to you or to another company in a commonly used electronic form.
- A right to object to specific types of processing such as direct marketing, processing based on legitimate interest, or processing for research or statistical purposes.
- A right to have your information ‘erased.’
- A right to temporarily restrict processing of information, for example if you believe the information is inaccurate or being used illegally.
- A right to withdraw your consent for future processing.
If you want to exercise or request more information about one or more of the above rights, you can contact us using the contact information listed in Section 17.
Legal Bases for Processing Your Information.We collect and use information about you pursuant to applicable law, contractual obligations, and with transparency and fairness. The legal basis for processing depends on the products or services you use and how you use them. We rely on the following lawful grounds:
Consent. Where appropriate or legally required, we collect and use your information subject to your consent.
Performance of contract. We collect and use information about you to enter into a contract with you or to perform a contract that you have with us.
Legitimate interests. We collect and use information about you for our legitimate interests, for example to deliver the products and services that you request, to market the products and services that you request or that we think you may be interested in, and to optimize your experience with our products and services.
Compliance with laws. We may also collect and use information about you: (i) as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process, (ii) when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights or property, protect your health and safety or the health and safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request, or (iii) if we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets.
We do not use personal information about you in any automated decision making or profiling that would have a legal or similarly significant effect on you without obtaining your consent.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary anywhere else in this policy or in our User Terms, we reserve the right to use your personal information in any manner and for any purpose so long as we remove portions of the information that could be used to identify you as the source of that information and/or aggregate it with information of a substantial amount of other users such that no user could be individually identified by a user of such information, all in accordance with applicable law.
When We May Disclose Information for Legal Reasons
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary anywhere else in this policy or in our User Terms, we may disclose personal information received from any source as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our User Terms and other terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Access/Changes:If you wish to have access to information about you in our records, please contact us with your request using the contact information in Section 17. You may also request that we update information about you, or request correction of any factual errors that you believe may exist regarding this information. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to accommodate such requests. In any event, in no event will we be able to provide you with information about you that is not readily personally identifiable in our records or which would be prohibited by law.
Email Marketing Opt-Out:We may use your information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in any email we send. You will still continue to receive service-related messages concerning products and services you have purchased (unless we have indicated otherwise).
Do Not Track Signals: Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. DNT is a way for users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. We do not recognize or respond to browser-initiated DNT signals, as the Internet industry is currently still working toward defining exactly what DNT means, what it means to comply with DNT, and a common approach to responding to DNT.
California Consumer Rights: California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California consumers to request information regarding the disclosure of their personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you are a California consumer and wish to make such a request, please contact us using the contact information in Section 17.
Use of Social Media and Other Interactive Forums
We seek to use reasonable and appropriate organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect personal information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us using the contact information in Section 17.
Privacy Practices of Third Party Sites; Advertisers, Vendors, and Others
The Site may contain advertisements and links to other sites. Social Tuto is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any advertisers or linked sites or for the privacy policies or practices of any other third parties. To the extent that you disclose information to any advertisers, linked sites or other third parties, different rules may apply to their use or disclosure of information you disclose to them, and we encourage you to review their privacy policies before disclosing information to them.
We recognize the privacy interests of children and encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities and interests. Children under 13 (or under 16 in the European Economic Area) should not use the Site or the Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under those ages. If we learn that we’ve collected personal data from a child under those ages, we will take reasonable steps to delete it. If you believe that Social Tuto may have collected personal data from a child under those ages, please contact us using the contact information in Section 17.
We store your information as long as it is necessary to provide our products and services and fulfill the transactions you requested. Where appropriate or legally required, we retain your information indefinitely for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal and contractual obligations, resolving disputes, enforcing our agreements, or as is reasonably necessary for other business purposes.
We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive personal information (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Services or otherwise to us, unless specifically required or requested by us in connection with the Services (e.g., payment information).
+1 (856) 363 – 3840
Social Tuto LLC
1525 N Alvarado St
PO Box #26070
Los Angeles, CA, 90026